Monday, September 5, 2011

Belva Plain - Eden Burning

47. Eden Burning by Belva Plain (1982)
Length: 480 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 31 August 2011
Finished: 5 September 2011
Where did it come from? From Bookmooch
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 4 December 2010
Why do I have it? I love Belva Plain as an author and have read and enjoyed several books by this author in the past.

She was a girl as innocent and beautiful as her family's lush Caribbean plantation - until she learned about dark desire and became a woman. Banished from paradise, Teresa Francis was swept into marriage and motherhood in opulent New York - a world away from her beautiful St. Felice island. But eventually, the secrets that refused to stay buried would draw her back again to paradise. A paradise now in the throws of revolution, which forces Teresa to confront her past and watch her future unfold.

I loved this book. I think that Belva Plain is perhaps one of my favorite authors. I particularly enjoyed how the characters interacted together and the writing was wonderful, in my opinion. If I had one dislike of this book, it was that it was slightly too long. I find that I can't really read long books anymore. Overall, though, I give this book an A+!


A+! - (96-100%)


Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment