Sunday, March 31, 2013

March's Book of the Month

Hello Everyone! I chose the picture posted above because it reminds me of reading to my daughter Mareena when she was little. Every afternoon until she was about eight or nine years old, we would take one of her books that she wanted to read or that she was reading and we would curl up together on my big bed. 

We would spend an hour or so reading a chapter of her book, and then take a nap together. Her absolutely favorite author at that time was an English author named Enid Blyton. Ahh, nice memories...

My picks for 'Books of the Month' will be decidedly more adult these days, but they will be from almost any genre. March's Book of the Month is: 




Audition: A Memoir by Barbara Walters
Published as: Audition: A Memoir in May 2008
Publisher: Alfred A. Knopf



Birth Name: Barbara Jill Walters
Born: 25 September 1929 in Boston, Massachusetts

Canonical Name: Barbara Walters
Pseudonyms: None

Audition: A Memoir by Barbara Walters was the twenty-first book that I read in 2013. I have had this book on my TBR shelf since June 30, 2010 although I didn't actually read it until March of 2013. This book took me ten days to read and was sent off to another good home on April 15, 2013.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

2 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful routine with your daughter growing up! I wish my granddaughter lived closer and I could read Enid Bly to her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Peggy,
    What a pity your granddaughter doesn't live closer to you. Both Mareena and myself got so very much out of those incredibly happy times that I read to her.

    Both my sister and I were brought up on Enid Blyton, and I can still remember the sheer joy and excitement whenever we got our hands on a new Enid Blyton book. Wonderful memories. :)

    Mary

    ReplyDelete