Monday, September 30, 2013

September's Book of the Month

Hello Everyone! I chose the picture posted above because it reminds me of reading to my daughter Mareena when she was little. Every afternoon until she was about eight or nine years old, we would take one of her books that she wanted to read or that she was reading and we would curl up together on my big bed. 

We would spend an hour or so reading a chapter of her book, and then take a nap together. Her absolutely favorite author at that time was an English author named Enid Blyton. Ahh, nice memories...

My picks for 'Books of the Month' will be decidedly more adult these days, but they will be from almost any genre. September's Book of the Month is: 


 Whispers by Belva Plain
Published as: Whispers in April 1993
Publisher: Delacorte Press



Birth Name: Belva Offenberg
Born: 9 October 1915 in New York City, New York
Died: 12 October 2010 in Short Hills, New Jersey

Canonical Name: Belva Plain
Pseudonyms: None

Whispers by Belva Plain was the ninety-first book that I read in 2013. I have had this book on my TBR shelf since August 28, 2010 and this third reading took me three days to finish. Definitely a keeper for me!

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment