Sunday, April 24, 2011

Anita Shreve - A Change in Altitude

26. A Change in Altitude by Anita Shreve (2009)
Length: 307 pages
Genre: Historical Fiction
Started: 21 April 2011
Finished: 24 April 2011
Where did it come from? From Paperback Swap
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 2 April 2011
Why do I have it? I like Anita Shreve as an author and have read and enjoyed several books by this author in the past.

Margaret and Patrick are married a couple of months and embark on what they hope will be a life-changing adventure - a year living in Kenya. Margaret soon realizes that there are mores that she doesn't understand about her new country and her new husband. When a British couple invites them to go mountain-climbing they eagerly accept. There is an horrific accident that takes place on the mountain and the ramifications shake Margaret to her core and makes her question her marriage and changes her, perhaps forever.

I really got hooked on this book. It is very well-written and thought-provoking. I give it an A+!

A+! - (96-100%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

2 comments:

  1. This book was really well written and interesting. I learned a lot about life in Kenya. I wish the descriptions were a little, well, more descriptive since the author used a lot of terms for African items but didn't offer enough hints as to what she was really referring to, for those of us who are uninformed about that type of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, Netherland, but I still enjoyed the book.

      Delete