Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Reading Wrap-up For December at Moonshine and Rosefire

 
Hello everyone out there and I hope that you all had a terrific reading month for yourselves. I am known as Rosefire around the Internet and this is my new personal reading blog. I originally posted my reviews over at my daughter's blog, Emeraldfire's Bookmark but am now in the process of transferring them all over to my own blog. My daughter makes blogging look like so much fun that I thought that I would try it out for myself! :)

Anyway, I started out December with 652 unread books lying around the house and ended the month with 646 books unread. All the books that I acquired this month came from authors, Paperback Swap, Christmas Tree Shops and Bookmooch.

Let me try to break down the influx for you:

Rereads
- Echoes by Maeve Binchy

Changes to the TBR pile

Read from my TBR pile (Yes! I am a reading machine :))
- My Soul to Keep by Judith Hawkes
- Julian's House by Judith Hawkes
- Kept in the Dark by Nina Bawden
- Classic Mysteries: A Collection of Mind-Bending Masterpieces by Molly Cooper
- Ladder of Years by Anne Tyler

Added to my TBR pile (oh well, you win some and you lose some! Not too bad though, I suppose:))
In the Shadow of the School: Memories of Growing up in Rural North Kerry in the 1950's by Dick Carmody
- Silver Wedding by Maeve Binchy
- Mount Vernon Love Story: A Novel of George and Martha Washington by Mary Higgins Clark
- Downtown by Anne Rivers Siddons
- Prey by Linda Howard
- Victims by Jonathan Kellerman
- 44 Charles Street by Danielle Steel
- Maine by J. Courtney Sullivan
- An Irish Country Christmas by Patrick Taylor
- Darkness, my Old Friend by Lisa Unger

Taken off my TBR pile and sent to a new home (Yay! Happy Dance! :))
- The Complete Rhyming Dictionary by Clement Wood
The Body Farm by Patricia Cornwell
- Loose Change: Three Women of the Sixties by Sara Davidson
- At Paradise Gate by Jane Smiley
- Duplicate Keys by Jane Smiley
- The Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright
- The Swarm by Arthur Herzog

Well, there it is...the breakdown! All in all, a very good reading month for me. Here's a further breakdown:

Books Read: 6
Pages Read: 1,915
Grade Range: A+! to B+!

So, there you go! The reading month that was December. I hope that you all had an equally good reading month; if not a little better. :) See you all next month! :)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment