Thursday, February 21, 2013

Norah Lofts - Nethergate

16. Nethergate by Norah Lofts (1973)
Length: 278 pages
Genre: Historical Fiction
Started: 16 February 2013
Finished: 21 February 2013
Where did it come from? From Paperback Swap
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 7 April 2009
Why do I have it? I like Norah Lofts as an author and have read and enjoyed several books by this author in the past.

To Isabella de Sevigny, an aristocratic refugee fleeing the French Reign of Terror, her cousin Rosaleen's magnificent English country estate promised sanctuary. But Nethergate soon became a prison to the high-spirited young woman. For its mistress, the cold-blooded and beautiful Lady Rosaleen, treated Isabella like a servant. When Isabella was seduced by Lady Rosaleen's son and discovered she was to have a child, Rosaleen devised a cunning and vicious plot to get rid of her. In her own way, and in her own time, Isabella eventually took her revenge.

I had actually read this book before many, many years ago - maybe about a decade ago. I had absolutely forgotten the plot of this book, even though I vaguely remembered reading it so long ago. So, it was, in a sense, it was like reading an entirely new book for me. This was perhaps not one of Norah Lofts' best books in my opinion, but I still give Nethergate by Norah Lofts an A+! and found it to be very good!

A+! - (96-100%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment