Thursday, February 7, 2013

Sidney Sheldon - The Naked Face

13. The Naked Face by Sidney Sheldon (1970)
Length: 212 pages
Genre: Contemporary Mystery
Started: 6 February 2013
Finished: 7 February 2013
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 2 February 2013
Why do I have it? I like contemporary mysteries and have read and enjoyed several books by this author in the past.

John Hanson died quickly - with a knife in his back. Carol Roberts was next to die - she was covered with acid and tortured to death. Dr. Judd Stevens is a psychoanalyst who is facing the most critical case of his life. John and Carol were both closely associated with Dr. Stevens at one time, and if he doesn't penetrate the mind of a murderer he will either find himself arrested for murder or the killer's next victim.

Is one of the doctor's patients responsible? Someone overwhelmed by his problems? A neurotic driven by compulsion? A madman? Before the murderer strikes again, Judd must strip away the mask of innocence the criminal wears, uncover the inner emotions, fears, and desires, to reveal... The Naked Face.

I really enjoyed this book! This was Sidney Sheldon's debut novel and I had never read it before, even though I somehow have acquired a paperback copy of The Naked Face by Sidney Sheldon - in addition to this copy - that was hidden on my bookshelf. The book seemed familiar to me, but it just never clicked with me that I already had a copy in my collection. I have to say, that to my knowledge, I have never read an inferior or unsatisfactory book by Sidney Sheldon. He was an outstanding author and I give The Naked Face an A+! 

A+! - (96-100%)  

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment