Sunday, April 14, 2013

Celebrate National Library Week - April 14th-20th, 2013!!


Well, hello everyone! :) Since this week is National Library Week, I've decided to talk a little bit about my local library. I live in Loudonville, upstate New York and the library that Mareena and I usually go to is called the William K. Sanford Town Library. This library serves the Town of Colonie - surrounded by the main cities of the Capital District - Schenectady, Albany (where Mareena and I live), and Troy. 

There is always something going on at the library: art shows, book club meetings, kids' storytime, computer and Internet classes, book discussion groups and so many other things that I just can't list them all here. There is also a continuous Library Book Sale called the 'Book Nook Sale' which is always Mareena's and my stopping place during each library visit: paperbacks are .50, oversized paperbacks are .75 (I think), hardcovers are $1.00, CDs, DVDs and audiobooks are between $1.00 and $3.00. I believe that the funds raised by the Library Book Sale go to support the library somehow, I'm just not completely sure in what way. 

Mareena and I try to get to the library as often as we can - Mareena's birthday always warrants a celebratory visit - and we tend to visit the library once every two or three months beyond that particular visit. 

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment