Thursday, May 1, 2014

Reading Wrap-up For April at Moonshine and Rosefire


Hello everyone out there and I hope that you all had a terrific reading month for yourselves. I am known as Rosefire around the Internet and this is my new personal reading blog. I originally posted my reviews over at my daughter's blog, Emeraldfire's Bookmark but am now in the process of transferring them all over to my own blog. My daughter makes blogging look like so much fun that I thought that I would try it out for myself! :)

Anyway, I started out April with 929 unread books lying around the house and ended the month with 907 books unread. All the books that I acquired this month came from authors, BookmoochPaperback Swap and a Library Book Sale that Mareena and I went to on April 9th.

Let me try to break down the influx for you:

Changes to the TBR pile

Read from my TBR pile (Yes! I am a reading machine :))
- The Tin Can Tree by Anne Tyler
- I Want to do Yoga Too by Carole P. Roman
- The Captain No Beard Series by Carole P. Roman
- The If You Were Me and Lived In...Series by Carole P. Roman
- Katie: The Real Story by Edward Klein
- Man, Woman and Child by Erich Segal
- The Guardian by Jeffrey Konvitz
- While my Sister Sleeps by Barbara Delinsky
- The Murder of King Tut: The Plot to Kill the Child King by James Patterson and Martin Dugard
- Cold Mountain: A Novel by Charles Frazier 
- All Through the Night: A Suspense Story by Mary Higgins Clark
- Last Wish by Betty Rollin

Added to my TBR pile (oh well, you win some and you lose some! Not too bad though, I suppose:))
- Just Ask the Universe: A No-Nonsense Guide to Manifesting Your Dreams by Michael Samuels
- The Universe-ity: A Spiritual Education Using the Law of Attraction by Michael Samuels
- Decorating With Silk and Dried Flowers: 80 Arrangements Using Floral Materials of All Kinds by The Home Decorating Institute
- Make it Yours!: Customize and Personalize - the Trading Spaces Way! by Brian Kramer
- 48-Hour Makeovers: Get a New Look in a Weekend! by Brian Kramer
- Christopher Lowell's Seven Layers of Design: Fearless, Fabulous Decorating by Christopher Lowell
Decorating Hints & Tips: More Than 2000 Practical Solutions to Help You Improve Your Home by Julian Cassell
- Almost There: The Onward Journey of a Dublin Woman by Nuala O'Faolain
- At Home in Mitford by Jan Karon
- Blackbird House by Alice Hoffman
- Breathing Lessons by Anne Tyler
- The Dead Hour by Denise Mina
- Ellen Foster by Kaye Gibbons
- In This Mountain by Jan Karon
- The Kennedys: The Third Generation by Barbara Gibson and Ted Schwartz
- Loss of Flight by Sara Vogan
- Secret For a Nightingale by Victoria Holt
- The Shack by William P. Young
- The Stormy Petrel by Mary Stewart
- Story of a Marriage by Andrew Sean Greer
- Triangle: A Novel by Katharine Weber
- Twice Kissed by Lisa Jackson
- The Woods by Harlan Coben
- Zodiac by Robert Graysmith
Tracy Porter's Home Style: Creative and Livable Decorating Ideas For Everyone by Tracy Porter
- $100 to $1,000 Makeovers: Maximizing Your Decorating Dollars by Brian Kramer
Maggie Colvin's Home Style: Quick Make-Overs to Transform Your Home by Maggie Colvin
- Better Homes and Gardens New Decorating Book by Denise L. Caringer
- Bonnie Prince Charlie by Moray McLaren

Taken off my TBR pile and sent to a new home (Yay! Happy Dance! :)) 
- If Morning Ever Comes by Anne Tyler
- A Slipping-Down Life by Anne Tyler
- Afterage by Yvonne Navarro
- Put Yer Rosary Beads Away Ma: A Salty Tale of a Young Man's Musical Dreams and Struggles in 1970's Ireland by Cahal Dunne (2 copies)
- The Miracle at St. Bruno's by Philippa Carr
- Shooting at Loons by Margaret Maron
- I Want to do Yoga Too by Carole P. Roman
- The Captain No Beard Series by Carole P. Roman
- The If You Were me and Lived In... Series by Carole P. Roman
- Complete Guide to Creative Needlepoint by Jo Bucher
- A Tangled Web: A Novel by Judith Michael
- The Love Killers by Jackie Collins
- The Hanging Tree: A Novella by Michael Phillip Cash
- Stillwell: A Haunting on Long Island by Michael Phillip Cash
- So, Now You Know: A Compendium of Completely Useless Information by Harry Bright
- On the Beach by Nevil Shute

Well, there it is...the breakdown! All in all, a very good reading month for me. Here's a further breakdown:

Books Read: 22
Pages Read: 2,912
Grade Range: A+! to B+!

So, there you go! The reading month that was April. I hope that you all had an equally good reading month; if not a little better. :) See you all next month! :)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment