Sunday, June 3, 2012

Elizabeth Ergas - Devil's Gate

45. Devil's Gate by Elizabeth Ergas (1991)
Length: 352 pages
Genre: Horror
Started: 30 May 2012
Finished: 3 June 2012
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 1 April 2009
Why do I have it? I like horror and Elizabeth Ergas is a new author for me.

Alison Crandall knew the tale which had been passed down through the generations: Nearly two centuries ago her tiny New Hampshire town had made a desperate bargain with a mysterious stranger on the night of a terrifying flood. The town was magically saved...but in the cemetery a hideous wrought iron gate suddenly appeared and terrified screams echoed from behind its bars as the demonic stranger began exacting his bloody price that very night. In modern-day Draconia, New Hampshire, these stories of a deal with the devil were thought to be nothing but trumped up stories told to frighten or entice the tourists.

That was before Adrian Blaise showed up in Draconia with a million dollar real estate project. Ghastly apparitions suddenly began to terrorize the town and certain women were deliciously seduced by the all too charming Adrian - just before their frightened screams betrayed the devil's old asking price and their lifeless bodies were found. Alison knew that time was running out. Unless she could find a way to break the bargain, she too would be doomed to the ghoulish horror that existed beyond the Devil's Gate.

This was actually a reread for me. I had read this book for the first time several years ago and truly enjoyed it. However, if I had one dislike of the book, it would be that the sexual situations depicted in the book were slightly more graphic than I remember them to be during my initial reading of Devil's Gate. That being said, I still give Devil's Gate an A! and I have obtained a copy of Rage by Elizabeth Ergas.

A! - (90-95%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment