Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Rosamunde Pilcher - The Carousel

60. The Carousel by Rosamunde Pilcher (1982)
Length: 243 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started/Finished: 24 July 2012
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 20 July 2012
Why do I have it? I like Rosamunde Pilcher as an author and have read and enjoyed several books by this author in the past.

Prue is intelligent, artistic, independent - and bored. Pressurized by her mother to make a conventional and dull marriage, she escapes London and goes to her aunt's house in Cornwall. Surrounded by the peacefulness of nature, Prue begins to de-stress and find herself again.

Walking along the beach one day, she meets a young, attractive artist. She determines not to rest until she discovers what is troubling him. I truly enjoy Rosamunde Pilcher as an author and I did enjoy this book, however, if I had one complaint about The Carousel, it would be that all the ends were tied up a little too neatly for my liking. I ended up giving this book a B+!

B+! - (89-94%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment