Thursday, August 1, 2013

Reading Wrap-up For July at Moonshine and Rosefire


Hello everyone out there and I hope that you all had a terrific reading month for yourselves. I am known as Rosefire around the Internet and this is my new personal reading blog. I originally posted my reviews over at my daughter's blog, Emeraldfire's Bookmark but am now in the process of transferring them all over to my own blog. My daughter makes blogging look like so much fun that I thought that I would try it out for myself! :)

Anyway, I started out July with 744 unread books lying around the house and ended the month with 729 books unread. All the books that I acquired this month came from an author, Paperback Swap, and Bookmooch. 

Let me try to break down the influx for you:

Rereads
- Trade-Off by Harrison Arnston

Changes to the TBR pile

Read from my TBR pile (Yes! I am a reading machine :))
- The Fireman's Wife and Other Stories by Richard Bausch
- Stillwell: A Haunting on Long Island by Michael Phillip Cash
- After the Fire by Belva Plain
- Hunter's Blood by Jere Cunningham
- Hauntings: Is Anybody There? by Norah Lofts
- McNally's Puzzle by Lawrence Sanders
- The Magdalena Curse by F. G. Cottam
- Best Friends Forever: A Novel by Jennifer Weiner
- A Friend of the Family by Lauren Grodstein
- Twins by Roxanne Pulitzer 
- A Crime of Honor by Giovanni Arpino
- Bloodprint: A Novel of Psychological Suspense by Kitty Sewell
- Island Murders by Wanda Canada
- The Wheat Field by Steve Thayer

Added to my TBR pile (oh well, you win some and you lose some! Not too bad though, I suppose:))
- Candles Burning by Tabitha King and Michael McDowell
- Deadly Evidence by Harrison Arnston
- The Landlord by Ken Merrell
- Light Source by Bari Wood
- The Summer Visitors by Brooke Leimas

Taken off my TBR pile and sent to a new home (Yay! Happy Dance! :))
- The Glenna Powers Case by Hillary Waugh
- Blood of the Impaler by Jeffrey Sackett
- The Fireman's Wife and Other Stories by Richard Bausch
- Hauntings: Is Anybody There? by Norah Lofts
To Dance With Kings by Rosalind Laker
The Settlers by Vilhelm Moberg
A Place to Call Home by Deborah Smith
Fresh Disasters by Stuart Woods
- The Big War by Anton Myrer
- The Magdalena Curse by F. G. Cottam
- Deadly Sleep by John Applegate
- 10th Anniversary by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro
- Moon Shell Beach: A Novel by Nancy Thayer
- Darkness by John Saul
- Nathaniel by John Saul
- Second Child by John Saul

Well, there it is...the breakdown! All in all, a very good reading month for me. Here's a further breakdown:

Books Read: 15
Pages Read: 4,497
Grade Range: A+! to B+!

So, there you go! The reading month that was July. I hope that you all had an equally good reading month; if not a little better. :) See you all next month! :)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment