Friday, November 1, 2013

Reading Wrap-up For October at Moonshine and Rosefire


Hello everyone out there and I hope that you all had a terrific reading month for yourselves. I am known as Rosefire around the Internet and this is my new personal reading blog. I originally posted my reviews over at my daughter's blog, Emeraldfire's Bookmark but am now in the process of transferring them all over to my own blog. My daughter makes blogging look like so much fun that I thought that I would try it out for myself! :)

Anyway, I started out October with 753 unread books lying around the house and ended the month with 744 books unread. All the books that I acquired this month came from Paperback Swap, Amazon, Bookmooch and an author.


Let me try to break down the influx for you:

Changes to the TBR pile

Read from my TBR pile (Yes! I am a reading machine :))
- The Sands of Time by Sidney Sheldon 
- The Resort by Bentley Little 
- Summer House: A Novel by Nancy Thayer  
- The House by Bentley Little 
- The Hiding Place by David Bell 
- An Act of Love by Nancy Thayer
- Belonging: A Novel by Nancy Thayer 
- The Hanging Tree: A Novella by Michael Phillip Cash
- Going All the Way by Dan Wakefield

Added to my TBR pile (oh well, you win some and you lose some! Not too bad though, I suppose:))
- Penny Press/Dell Variety Puzzles Magazine: 24 Pack by Penny Press/Dell Magazine Publications
- The Works of Edgar Allan Poe Volume 1
by Edgar Allan Poe
- The Works of Edgar Allan Poe Volume 3
by Edgar Allan Poe
- Superb Crosswords Magazine Jumbo Issue: Volume 125
by Kappa Press
- Penny Press On the Go Sudoku Magazine: October 2013
by Penny Press
- The Works of Edgar Allan Poe Volume 4
by Edgar Allan Poe
- The Works of Edgar Allan Poe Volume 5
by Edgar Allan Poe
- Edgar Allan Poe: Complete Tales and Poems
by Edgar Allan Poe
- Edgar Allan Poe's Complete Poetical Works
by Edgar Allan Poe
- The Yellow Wallpaper
by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- Raising Demons
by Shirley Jackson
- The Haunted
by Bentley Little
- The Island: A Novel of Terror by Will Overby
- Me and Emma by Elizabeth Flock
- Freddy's House by David Jester
- Welcome to Moon Hill by Anthony J. Rapino
- Tortured Memory by Lawrence Gold
- Five, Six...Grab Your Crucifix by Willow Rose
- The Spook House by Paul Emil
- The Darkness of Shadows by Chris Little
- The Druggist by Todd Croak-Falen
- Great Kitchen Secrets: As Seen on TV by Chef Tony Notaro
- The Park by Shane Jeffery
- Where the Teddy Bears Have Their Picnic by C. M. Adams
- No Cure For Murder by Lawrence Gold
- Ghosts by John Banville
- Cemetery Girl by David Bell
- Chain of Souls: Salem VI by Jack Heath and John Thompson
- The Demon Signet by Shawn Hopkins
- The White Door by G. J. Owens
- Scars on the Face of God: The Devil's Bible by C. G. Bauer
- They Only Come Out at Night by F. Kearney
- Bad Apple by Clay Held

Taken off my TBR pile and sent to a new home (Yay! Happy Dance! :)) 
- The Five People You Meet in Heaven
by Mitch Albom
- Cypress Point by Diane Chamberlain
- Over the Edge
by Jonathan Kellerman
- Point of Origin
by Patricia Cornwell
- Comes the Blind Fury
by John Saul
- Everything Must Go
by Elizabeth Flock
- A Rose For Virtue: The Very Private Life of Hortense, Stepdaughter of Napoleon I, Mother of Napoleon III
by Norah Lofts
- Ghost Story
by Peter Straub
- The Resort
by Bentley Little
- Blood Brother: 33 Reasons my Brother Scott Peterson is Guilty
by Anne Bird
- Blind Faith
by Joe McGinniss
- Down to a Sunless Sea
by David Poyer
- The House
by Bentley Little (2 copies)
- Lightning by Danielle Steel
- Best Friends Forever: A Novel by Jennifer Weiner 
- The Hiding Place by David Bell 
- From a Buick 8: A Novel by Stephen King 
- The Search For the Girl With the Blue Eyes: An Unforgettable Venture Into the Shadowy World of Reincarnation by Jess Stearns
- A Little Death by Laura Wilson

Well, there it is...the breakdown! All in all, a very good reading month for me. Here's a further breakdown:

Books Read: 9
Pages Read: 3,091
Grade Range: A+! to B+!

So, there you go! The reading month that was October. I hope that you all had an equally good reading month; if not a little better. :) See you all next month! :)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment