Thursday, June 12, 2014

Michael Phillip Cash - The Flip

59. The Flip by Michael Phillip Cash (2014)
Length: 391 pages
Genre: Horror
Started: 11 June 2014
Finished: 12 June 2014
Where did it come from? Many thanks to Michael Phillip Cash and to Red Feather Publishing for sending me a copy of this book to read.  
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 11 June 2014
Why do I have it? I like horror and have read and enjoyed several books by this author in the past.

Julie and Brad Evans flip houses for a living. They buy each house for a song, clean out the previous occupants' various abandoned items - things that can typically be classified as junk - and then they attempt to sell the houses for a profit. With the economy the way it is, business has been going relatively well for them - not necessarily tremendous, but certainly on a positive upswing. The couple just puts it down to the state of the housing market.

Their latest flip is Hemmings House; situated on Bedlam Street in scenic Cold Spring Harbor, Long Island. It's too good a deal to pass up, but the house comes with an ominous secret. Apparently, the ghostly previous occupants of this stately Victorian mansion do not wish to be dispossessed; and they're determined to cause any amount of bedlam among the living in order to stay right where they are. Will the Evans' new marriage survive their time spent inside Hemmings House?

It took me only a day and a half to read this book - and I absolutely appreciated that the story flowed along so easily. This is actually the fourth book that I've read by this author, and I must say that Michael Phillip Cash certainly knows how to create the proper atmosphere with his writing. The Flip has all the elements that I generally enjoy reading about - old houses, ominous secrets, ghosts, and a young couple with marriage troubles. Add in my latest interest; house flipping, and I'm hooked from page one. I give this book an A!

A! - (90-95%)
  
Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment