Sunday, June 1, 2014

Reading Wrap-up For May at Moonshine and Rosefire


Hello everyone out there and I hope that you all had a terrific reading month for yourselves. I am known as Rosefire around the Internet and this is my new personal reading blog. I originally posted my reviews over at my daughter's blog, Emeraldfire's Bookmark but am now in the process of transferring them all over to my own blog. My daughter makes blogging look like so much fun that I thought that I would try it out for myself! :)

Anyway, I started out May with 936 unread books lying around the house and ended the month with 929 books unread. All the books that I acquired this month came from Bookmooch, an author and Paperback Swap.

Let me try to break down the influx for you:

Rereads
- The Basement by Bari Wood
- Circle of Three: A Novel by Patricia Gaffney

Changes to the TBR pile

Read from my TBR pile (Yes! I am a reading machine :))
- Fire on Ice: The Exclusive Inside Story of Tonya Harding by Abby Haight and J. E. Vader and the Staff of The Oregonian 
- Custody: A Novel by Nancy Thayer
- When Satan Wore a Cross: The Shocking True Story of a Killer Priest by Fred Rosen
- Spirit Lost: A Ghost Novel by Nancy Thayer
- Watson's Apology: A Novel by Beryl Bainbridge

Added to my TBR pile (oh well, you win some and you lose some! Not too bad though, I suppose:))
- Fast and Easy Home Decorating: An A to Z Guide to Creating a Beautiful Home With an Minimum of Time and Money by Elizabeth J. Musheno
- Thirteen Moons: A Novel by Charles Frazier
- The Bridge at Chappaquiddick by Jack Olsen
- The Merry-Hearted Boys: Liam Clancy, The Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem by Ronald L. Leonard
- Who Killed my Daughter? by Lois Duncan

Taken off my TBR pile and sent to a new home (Yay! Happy Dance! :)) 
- Deviltry Afoot by Carol Pritt
Home Decorating With Needlecrafts by Linda Lee Lindgren
- Three-Dimensional Needlepoint by Gale Litvak
Needlepoint For Everyone by Mary Picken and Doris White
- Our Game by John Le Carre
- Morning Glory by Lavyrle Spencer
- Random Winds by Belva Plain
- Whispers by Belva Plain
- The Vines of Yarrabee by Dorothy Eden
- Mistress of Falconhurst by Lance Horner
- Family Affairs by Andy Hoffman
- The Guardian by Jeffrey Konvitz

Well, there it is...the breakdown! All in all, a very good reading month for me. Here's a further breakdown:

Books Read: 7
Pages Read: 1,857
Grade Range: A+! to A!

So, there you go! The reading month that was May. I hope that you all had an equally good reading month; if not a little better. :) See you all next month! :)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment