Saturday, August 11, 2012

Andrew Klavan - The Uncanny

66. The Uncanny by Andrew Klavan (1998)
Length: 402 pages
Genre: Horror
Started: 7 August 2012
Finished: 11 August 2012
Where did it come from? From Bookmooch
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 14 June 2012
Why do I have it? I like Andrew Klavan as an author and had read and enjoyed True Crime by the same author.

When American horror film director Richard Storm first arrives in London, he has his own secret mission. Part vacation, part research, he finds renewed purpose in working at a magazine which features weird phenomena - Bizarre. The owner and editor is herself a curiosity and opens up a whole new world to Richard - a world of strange but true hauntings, ghost hunts and spirit worship. When Richard is first introduced to beautiful heiress Sophia Endering, he finds himself helplessly in love with her.

But Sophia is as dangerous to herself as she is for those who love her - for she has an almost unstoppable death wish. The smitten Richard follows Sophia through the labyrinth of her family's madness and their involvement in Nazi art thefts, down a trail formed by ghost stories more chilling then any that Richard could create for his movies.

This book was very good in parts, but I have to say that it was not one of my favorite books. I had some trouble following the plot and must say honestly that I'm still not entirely sure about certain parts of the story. Mareena got this book for me because she knew how much I had enjoyed True Crime, which is also by Andrew Klavan. I give this book an A!

A! - (90-95%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment