Friday, August 31, 2012

August's Book of the Month

Hello Everyone! I chose the picture posted above because it reminds me of reading to my daughter Mareena when she was little. Every afternoon until she was about eight or nine years old, we would take one of her books that she wanted to read or that she was reading and we would curl up together on my big bed. 

We would spend an hour or so reading a chapter of her book, and then take a nap together. Her absolutely favorite author at that time was an English author named Enid Blyton. Ahh, nice memories...

My picks for 'Books of the Month' will be decidedly more adult these days, but they will be from almost any genre. August's Book of the Month is: 


   An American Love Story by Rona Jaffe
Published as: An American Love Story  in April 1990
Publisher: Delacorte Press



Birth Name: Rona Jaffe
Born: 12 June 1931 in Brooklyn, New York City, New York
Died: 30 December 2005 in London, England

Canonical Name: Rona Jaffe
Pseudonyms: None

An American Love Story by Rona Jaffe was the seventy-third book that I read in 2012. I had had this book on my TBR bookshelf since April 1, 2009 although I didn't actually read it until August of 2012. It took me three days to read this book and it is definitely a keeper for me.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment