Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Norah Lofts - Hauntings: Is Anybody There?

63. Hauntings: Is Anybody There? by Norah Lofts (1965)
Length: 240 pages
Genre: Horror
Started: 9 July 2013
Finished: 10 July 2013
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 25 July 2001
Why do I have it? I like Norah Lofts as an author and have read and enjoyed several books by this author in the past.

'A ghostly caress in an empty room...A rush of emotions not entirely one's own...A mysterious presence on a dark staircase...' This book is a collection of twelve ghost stories written by an author known for her bestselling historical romance novels, who has "an obsession about houses" and a love of ghost stories. Now, with this book she has combined her two passions with chilling success.

I really enjoyed reading this book. It wasn't the scariest book I have ever read, perhaps, but it was certainly worth my time reading it anyway. None of these stories were written in order to shock and terrify the reader; the horror was of a gentler nature, but I'm glad to have read this book because it was written by Norah Lofts. Overall, I give this book an A+!

A+! - (96-100%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment