Monday, July 1, 2013

Reading Wrap-up For June at Moonshine and Rosefire


Hello everyone out there and I hope that you all had a terrific reading month for yourselves. I am known as Rosefire around the Internet and this is my new personal reading blog. I originally posted my reviews over at my daughter's blog, Emeraldfire's Bookmark but am now in the process of transferring them all over to my own blog. My daughter makes blogging look like so much fun that I thought that I would try it out for myself! :)

Anyway, I started out June with 707 unread books lying around the house and ended the month with 694 books unread. All the books that I acquired this month came from a Library Book Sale that we went to on the 1st, Bookmooch and Paperback Swap.

Let me try to break down the influx for you:

Rereads
- A Rose For Virtue: The Very Private Life of Hortense, Stepdaughter of Napoleon I, Mother of Napoleon III by Norah Lofts 

Changes to the TBR pile

Read from my TBR pile (Yes! I am a reading machine :))
- Cypress Point by Diane Chamberlain
- First Things First by Barbara Delinsky
- 11 Great Horror Stories Including "The Oblong Box" and "The Dunwich Horror" by Betty M. Owen
Blood Brother: 33 Reasons my Brother Scott Peterson is Guilty by Anne Bird
- Last Kiss by Luanne Rice
- In the Night Season: A Novel by Richard Bausch
- Beachcombers: A Novel by Nancy Thayer
- The Eighth Day by Brooke Leimas
- The Last Time They Met: A Novel by Anita Shreve
- Guilt by Association by Susan R. Sloan
- Moon Shell Beach: A Novel by Nancy Thayer
- The Glenna Powers Case by Hillary Waugh

Added to my TBR pile (oh well, you win some and you lose some! Not too bad though, I suppose:))
- All Night Long by Jayne Ann Krentz
- Best Friends Forever: A Novel by Jennifer Weiner
- Bloodroot by Amy Greene
- The Collected Stories by John McGahern
- Dance With Me by Luanne Rice
- Drowning Ruth by Christina Schwarz
- First Offense by Nancy Taylor Rosenberg
- A Friend of the Family by Lauren Grodstein
- Gap Creek: The Story of a Marriage by Robert Morgan
- How to Clean Practically Anything by Edward Kippel
- The Magdalena Curse by F. G. Cottam
- The Mill by Tracy Lamphere
- My Soul to Keep by Tananarive Due
- Silent Witness: The Karla Brown Murder Case by Don W. Weber and Charles Bosworth, Jr.
- A Special Relationship by Douglas Kennedy
- Stranger in Paradise by Eileen Goudge
- Summer of Roses by Luanne Rice
- Taker: An Immortal Love Story by Alma Katsu
- A Time For Dancing by Davida Wills Hurwin
- Big Girl: A Novel by Danielle Steel
- The Confession by John Grisham
- Sidney Sheldon's Angel of the Dark by Tilly Bagshawe
- Summer Breeze: A Novel by Nancy Thayer
- The Fireman's Wife and Other Stories by Richard Bausch
- Rand McNally Student's World Atlas by Rand McNally

Taken off my TBR pile and sent to a new home (Yay! Happy Dance! :))
- The Dark Fantastic by Stanley Ellin
- Chameleon by William Diehl
- First Things First by Barbara Delinsky
- The Man With the Candy: The Story of the Houston Mass Murders by Jack Olsen
- A Room For the Dead by Noel Hynd
- Blood Dreams by Jack MacLane
- Memories of Another Day by Harold Robbins
- 11 Great Horror Stories Including "The Oblong Box" and "The Dunwich Horror" by Betty M. Owen
- Irresistible Impulse by Robert K. Tanenbaum
- In the Night Season: A Novel by Richard Bausch

Well, there it is...the breakdown! All in all, a very good reading month for me. Here's a further breakdown:

Books Read: 13
Pages Read: 3,983
Grade Range: A+! to B+!

So, there you go! The reading month that was June. I hope that you all had an equally good reading month; if not a little better. :) See you all next month! :)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment