Saturday, February 1, 2014

Reading Wrap-up For January at Moonshine and Rosefire


Hello everyone out there and I hope that you all had a terrific reading month for yourselves. I am known as Rosefire around the Internet and this is my new personal reading blog. I originally posted my reviews over at my daughter's blog, Emeraldfire's Bookmark but am now in the process of transferring them all over to my own blog. My daughter makes blogging look like so much fun that I thought that I would try it out for myself! :)

Anyway, I started out January with 905 unread books lying around the house and ended the month with 892 books unread. All the books that I acquired this month came from Barnes and NobleAmazon, Bookmooch and Paperback Swap.

Let me try to break down the influx for you:

Rereads
Saint Maybe by Anne Tyler

Changes to the TBR pile

Read from my TBR pile (Yes! I am a reading machine :))
- White Widow by Jim Lehrer
- 204 Rosewood Lane by Debbie Macomber
- Family Pictures by Sue Miller
- Burnt Mountain: A Novel by Anne Rivers Siddons
- Shooting at Loons by Margaret Maron
- Sweetgrass by Mary Alice Monroe
- So Far... by Kelsey Grammer
- Siege by Domini Taylor
- Sidney Sheldon's Angel of the Dark by Tilly Bagshawe
- Family Affairs by Andy Hoffman
- Nurses Who Led the Way: Real Life Stories of Courageous Women in an Exciting Profession by Adele and Cateau de Leeuw
The Rome Affair by Laura Caldwell

Added to my TBR pile (oh well, you win some and you lose some! Not too bad though, I suppose:))
- The Royals by Kitty Kelley
- Ancient Egypt: Kingdom of the Pharaohs by Parragon Publishing
- History's Worst Decisions and the People Who Made Them: Illustrated Edition by Stephen Weir
- Ashenden: A Novel by Elizabeth Wilhide
- Saving Ben by Ashley H. Farley
- The Card Counter by James Kipling
- I am Flying: A Novelette by James F. Ross
- Hide and Seek by P. S. Brown
- People in the Walls: Clueless by T. A. Crossbarn
- She Pulls Off the Interstate by Eugene Ahn
- Hallowed by Bryant Delafosse
- Long Holler Road: A Dark Southern Thriller by David Lee Malone
- BlackDown by D. M. Mitchell
- Sparrow Migrations by Cari Noga
- The Cut-Out by Jon King
- Bad Call: A Psychological Thriller by James Harper
- The Man Who Built Boxes and Other Stories by Frank Tavares
- Outrunning Josephine Finch by Kristine McCord
- Burnt Offerings by Michael Lister
- The Sixth Sense by Lawrence Gold
- Breaking Twig by Deborah Epperson
- The Gypsy's Dream by Sara Alexi
- Painted Red by Douglas Parks
- Sleep in Heavenly Peace by M. William Phelps
- Sex, Lies and Hot Tubs by Elissa Ambrose
Summer of Firefly Memories by Joan Gable
Hook and Peter by Doram Jacoby
Chasing the Storm: A Thriller Novel by Michael Molsted
State of the Heart: Short Stories on Relationships, Love and Life by Nelton D'Souza
- The Beach House by Mary Alice Monroe
- Reinventing Claire by Darian Wilk
- Driftwood by Shauna Bickley
- Love Kills: The Stalking of Diane Newton King by Andy Hoffman
- Where we Fell by Amber L. Johnson
- Advent of Perpetual Sorrows by A. A. Pencil
- Stealing Jenny by Ellen Gable

Taken off my TBR pile and sent to a new home (Yay! Happy Dance! :)) 
- The Wings of the Dove by Henry James
- Blood Test by Jonathan Kellerman
- The Richest Season by Maryann McFadden
Chicken Soup For the Soul: 101 Stories to Open the Heart and Rekindle the Spirit by Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen
- Charisma by Orania Papazoglou
- December by Phil Rickman
- Burnt Mountain: A Novel by Anne Rivers Siddons
- The Decline and Fall of the House of Windsor by Donald Spoto
- 204 Rosewood Lane by Debbie Macomber
- Iceberg by Clive Cussler
- Family Album by Danielle Steel
- Personal Injuries by Scott Turow
- The Summer I Dared: A Novel by Barbara Delinsky
- They Always Call us Ladies: Stories From Prison by Jean Harris
English, Welsh, and Scottish Country Inns and Castle Hotels: A Travel Guide to Britain, Including 10 Itineraries and Descriptions of Over 100 Atmospheric Hotels by Karen Brown
- Returning: A Spiritual Journey by Dan Wakefield

Well, there it is...the breakdown! All in all, a very good reading month for me. Here's a further breakdown:

Books Read: 13
Pages Read: 4,095
Grade Range: A+! to B!

So, there you go! The reading month that was January. I hope that you all had an equally good reading month; if not a little better. :) See you all next month! :)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment