Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Carole P. Roman - The Captain No Beard Series

31-35. The Captain No Beard Series by Carole P. Roman (2012-2014) 
The Captain No Beard Series Books 1-5 (Captain No Beard: An Imaginary Tale of a Pirate's Life; Pepper Parrot's Problem With Patience; Stuck in the Doldrums: A Lesson in Sharing; Captain No Beard: Strangers on the High Seas; The Treasure of Snake Island: A Captain No Beard Story)
Length: 184 pages
Genre: Fantasy
Started/Finished: 2 April 2014
Where did it come from? Many thanks to Red Feather Publishing for sending me copies of these books to read.
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 2 April 2014
Why do I have it? Actually, Red Feather Publishing was kind enough to send me several books to read. Occasionally, I enjoy reading children's books and I have read and enjoyed I Want to do Yoga Too by the same author in the past.

Whenever Alexander and his cousin Hallie hop on Alexander's bed to play, they become Captain No Beard and his fearless pirate crew of 'The Flying Dragon'. They set sail for a voyage of imagination as First Mate Hallie, Mongo the Monkey, Linus the loudmouthed lion, and Fribbet the floppy frog - who are in reality, three stuffed animals. Together, Alexander and Hallie sail the seven seas in a magical vessel bound for dangerous and exciting adventures. 

I must say that I enjoyed reading these books. They were quick reads for me and overall, I would give the entire series an A+! In my opinion, this series would make a great gift for children. Each book teaches children valuable lessons such as patience and tolerance; sharing; responsibility and cooperation; being a good friend and what to do when meeting strangers.

A+! - (96-100%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for taking the time to read and review my books. I love your reviews!

    ReplyDelete