Saturday, April 12, 2014

Jeffrey Konvitz - The Guardian

45. The Guardian by Jeffrey Konvitz (1978)
The Sentinel Trilogy Book 2
Length: 293 pages
Genre: Horror
Started: 8 April 2014
Finished: 12 April 2014
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 10 October 2000
Why do I have it? I like horror and Jeffrey Konvitz is a new author for me.

The very gates of Hell are about to open on the twentieth floor of an apartment building on the West Side. Evil is flourishing and soon no innocent will be safe. Through a window without curtains, an ancient blind nun sits perpetually gazing...keeping watch against the evil.

A body is found, burned beyond recognition. Then there are two more murders...strangely connected. And the discoverer of one of the bodies, a beautiful young woman, is brutally raped. Her innocent young child is exposed to horror. Her furious husband sets out on a relentless path of revenge.

In the final hour of evil, paralyzing terror is unleashed. One step beyond the very boundaries of belief is a cool, calculating, laughing priest intent on saving more lives from destruction. And so it begins...powerful, satanic, terrifying...a time you will never forget. The battle has already begun.

I must say that I wasn't all that sure what grade to give this book after I finished reading it. The story was certainly very scary, but I found that the horror was almost overwhelming. In my opinion, the frightening elements began to overshadow the actual story so much that this book confused me. This book is actually the second in a trilogy, so my feelings might be somewhat influenced by not having read the first book - The Sentinel - but I had to give this book a B+! 

B+! - (89-94%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment