Friday, February 24, 2012

Charlotte Vale Allen - Claudia's Shadow

17. Claudia's Shadow by Charlotte Vale Allen (1996)
Length: 298 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 21 February 2012
Finished: 24 February 2012
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 1 June 2009
Why do I have it? I like contemporary fiction and Charlotte Vale Allen is a new author for me.


After her younger sister Claudia commits suicide, Rowena Graham leaves behind her own life to handle her sister's affairs. She moves into her sister's house - her parents' old house - and struggles to manage her sister's restaurant. Rowena finds it very hard to believe that her little sister ever committed suicide - there was no suicide letter and the suicide verdict just feels all wrong to Rowena. As a result, Rowena decides to begin investigating the truth behind her sister's death. 


Claudia was always difficult and unpredictable, but Rowena is convinced that her lovely younger sister would never take her own life. Rowena's unexpected discovery of a trove of documents and photographs unearths a host of secrets kept not just by Claudia but by every member of the family. Her continued investigation also uncovers the tangled web of her own family's dynamics. This may lead Rowena to find the cause of Claudia's death and ultimately set Rowena free from the secrets of the past.


I really enjoyed this book. I have several of Charlotte Vale Allen's books, but I think that this is the first one that I've read. I give this book an A+!


A+! - (96-100%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment