Saturday, February 4, 2012

June Spence - Change Baby

11. Change Baby by June Spence (2004)
Length: 240 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 1 February 2012
Finished: 4 February 2012
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 20 November 2009
Why do I have it? I like contemporary fiction and June Spence is a new author for me.

Avie Goss is a 'change baby', a baby born to her mother late in life. She has been born almost a generation after her two siblings and truly cannot find her own place in her family. When her mother almost dies in a house fire, Avie returns home to the peaceful Southern lifestyle that she strove to leave behind forever after college. As she cares for her ailing mother, Avie begins to unravel the story of who she is and to discover the secrets of a disappearing picture of life as it used to be. Slowly, as she uncovers her family's legacy, she begins to build a new life for herself in a landscape with which she must come to terms.

I enjoyed this book and as I said, June Spence is a new author for me. I had started this story a few years ago and put it aside after reading a couple of pages. Don't let that scare you though, I really enjoyed this book and give it an A+!

A+! - (96-100%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment