Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Kitty Dukakis and Jane Scovell - Now You Know

19. Now You Know by Kitty Dukakis and Jane Scovell (1990)
Length: 315 pages
Genre: Non-Fiction
Started: 27 February 2012
Finished: 29 February 2012
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 1 June 2009
Why do I have it? I like autobiographies and biographies and was always curious about Kitty Dukakis's life.


Kitty Dukakis shot to fame as the wife of presidential hopeful Michael Dukakis. Everything seemed to be perfect in her life on the outside, but behind her carefully constructed facade, Kitty was hiding addictions and much pain. She was incredibly capable of handling her husband's campaign, but was secretly battling a 20 year addiction to diet pills and alcohol. 


I really enjoyed this book. It was beautifully written and incredibly honest. I felt so sorry for Kitty but rejoiced at her triumph over her problems. I give this book an A+!


A+! - (96-100%)


Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment